- Able to machine virtually any geometric feature
- Employing processes that are specific-engineered to the job at hand
- 20 unique machine tools with full inspection support
- Smarter process engineering means improved productivity
- More dynamic by offering a greater number of permissible operations at their respective peak efficiency
- "Full service" capability means all operations performed in-house
- Peak economy in low volume or one-off production
- Reduced setup times & reduced cycle times via process-specific machinery
- Offering more productivity per dollar through specialization
Smarter Processes + Greater Efficiency =
Less time to do the job & less cost for your time!
Productivity in manufacturing means sourcing the best process for the job, not marking for inefficiencies in manufacturing to accomodate the bottom line of a supplier. CNC general machinery offer general solutions, but what if we were to employ specific machinery even to 'general' features to permit the most effective production of each? Hole positions located on a machine engineered specifically to do so. Boring accomplished on a machine specific to quick, easy and effective size and finish over any other method. Angles, radii and complex geometery performed on machines specific to that job, and so forth?
Such is the technique that must be employed to meet the demands of modern day industry. And it is through these processes that we found the principles of precision, performance, economy - through custom tailored, smarter processes that meet the demands of productivity and economy.
Establishing processes and a machine shop that can offer dynamic, economic solutions without the waste in programming, re-tooling, long setup and less productivity in the cycle of general/CNC machines - and without the extreme overhead costs and machine time charges of 4-axis, 5-axis, HBM, ID grinders, EDM, HMC and automated work centers necessary to offer the unique capabilities, weight, rigidity, work-size capacity and in-cycle performance offered in the manually controlled - application specific machinery that we employ.
Utilizing specialization without limitation means applying processes that are engineered for the job at hand. To do this, each operation and each task is unique. Generally speaking, here are the ways in which our approach stands in distinction with other methods and how we can offer solutions with greater economy and efficiency...
- CUSTOM TOOLING is created and developed in-shop netting reduced
costs and more specific application.
- SPECIAL PURPOSE HIGH EFFICIENCY TOOLING is offered through
employing a vast range of varied machining options: from tiny abrasive
honing mandrels to huge multi-tooth side milling cutters - meeting the
applications the tooling was specifically engineered for.
- GANG TOOLING means multiple cutters employed on your job in a
single operation. Not limited to one singular cutter like most
options, plus the capability to use multi-tooth cutters far exceeding
the productivity over general end mills and lightweight tooling.
- LESS EXPENSIVE cutters may be employed on the difficult jobs like
deep slots and forms (such as t-slots, radius cutters) and in simple
operations like large capacity facing without the need for expensive
face mills requiring charges for replacement inserts and suffering
undue damage to machinery.
- TOOLING IN STOCK general tooling is stocked in large quantity and
special tooling is developed on-spot. No waiting on lead times
sourcing cutters or suffering tooling charges for inefficient solutions.
- ABLE to inspect cavities, small or intricate features and surface
impressions quickly and positively.
- POSITIVELY COMPARE parts against a standard or geometric grid
without lengthy programming necessary in FaroArm or similar electronic
- IN-HOUSE ability to utilize or develop test fixtures and meet
gaging requirements without having to suffer additional cost or
- DEVELOP applied tooling and processes in a reverse engineering
setting - or verify performance of tooling and identify areas of wear
throughout a production batch.
Machining Processes Tailored to Meet Unique Needs
- OPERATIONS are performed with processes and machinery that were
engineered specifically to accomplish them in the most effective
manner. A greater number of specialized machines at your disposal
instead of a floor of repetive general machining stations means a
dynamic 'mini-factory' ready to adapt to jobs with process-tailored
distinction in each case.
- LESS LEAD TIME than waiting for another general workstation to
- instead have the job done on machines that perform specific
operations quicker, easier and less expensively than under performing
- COST EFFECTIVE alternate to expensive and uneccessary automation
in lower quantity jobs.
Less Setup Time
- ELIMINATE LENGTHY FIXTURING - accomplish tasks through improved
processes rather than setting up and re-tooling under performing
- MULTIPLE OPTIONS in workholding, toolholding and machining
operations are at your disposal rather than having to lose existing
setups on general machines as new jobs come in.
- MORE SPECIALIZED - the equipment is designed to perform the
application, so operator and fixturing duties are less time intensive.
- NO PROGRAMMING - no need to pay programming time on lower
Less Cycle Time
- SPECIAL COMPLEX MACHINING OPERATIONS like engraving, close tolerance
honing and internal features are machined in far less cycle time than
EDM, VMC and boring machines in many instances.
- MULTIPLE SIDES of a part can be machined without re-clamping or
moving to another work-station, accomplishing more in one setup than
- FASTER material removal offered from larger, more rigid machinery
per dollar than other options.
- SIMPLIFIED operations are offered through specialized
No clusmy, under performing attachments - the machines are designed to
perform the work they are applied to.
Less Cost Per Hour
- MACHINE TIME on expensive 5-axis cnc and similar equipment is originally accomplished such operations for far less overhead money in the lower quantity ranges
- NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES for programmers, operators and CNC repair
specialists to support those operations. Our operation is
internally and suited to meet job shop applications.
- FEATURES including 50 taper spindle, 13,000 RPM tool rotation and
38" machine travel at drastically reduced cost from comparable CNC and
- Less time to do the job and less cost for your time -
means greater productivity through smarter, specialized, more efficient processes.
Industrial Jig & Fixture LLC.
Minong, WI USA Machine shop serving customers nationwide.
Contact @ 1-715-718-3671
Or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the "Custom Machining" Blog